My Grandfather, Roy Carlson, passed away last Thursday. And while I am sad for the loss of my Grandpa, I know that he is in a beautiful place, surrounded by people he loves.
There are many things that will always remind me of Grandpa. Infact, the morning he passed on (before I knew), I thought of him while I scrubbed the floor on my hands and knees. He would clean the floor like that every week. Another is playing "This is the way the cowboy rides" game (when you bounce a child on your knee). Or singing silly songs in the car. Or big swings at the park. Or tang. (yes, college roommates...I inheritted that trait.)
Richard and I lived by my Grandparents for 3 years, while we attended BYU. We have many, many memories of them and spending time at their house. For a few months, we lived accross the street from them and would see them daily. Richard also worked as their Condo Association sprinkler/yard man. We spent many afternoons eating lunch and visiting. We learned so much from their life together during those lunches. I will always think of those times as very special in my life.
I am glad to know that I will see my Grandpa again. And that when I do, he will be healthy and strong. My heart aches for my Grandmother. But I know that she is a woman of incredible strength and faith. I am blessed to call these two my Grandparents.
Michelle, you are beautiful. I can't wait to give you a hug and shed tears together. Miss you!
ReplyDelete